- Dec. 7-9, 14-16: The Greensboro Ballet presents THE NUTCRACKER at the Carolina Theater in downtown Greensboro. Perfect for the entire family.
- Dec. 2: The dance connoisseur, the MOSCOW CLASSICAL BALLET presents The Great Russian Nutcracker, at the War Memorial Auditorium.
- Dec. 10-20: Carolina Film Classics present the best loved Christmas movies at THE CAROLINA THEATER, like White Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, The Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street.
- Now through Jan. 1: Don't miss the neighborhood LIGHTS in Sunset Hills. It will warm your heart, especially realizing that friends and neighbors come together each year to create this breathtaking presentation. Bring a non-perishable food item to put in the Food Bank cart.
- Now through Dec. 24: A CHRISTMAS CAROL presented at Triad Stage
- Now through Jan. 22: OUTDOOR ICE SKATING. What could be better family fun than ice skating under the glow of holiday light on a winter night. Go to Piedmont Winter Fest for hours and details.
- GIVE SOMETHING BACK: 'Tis the season to share the bounty. Donate or volunteer at the Guilford County Food Bank, 202 Franklin Blvd., or at the Greensboro Urban Ministry. Whether you volunteer to serve meals or stock shelves, or donate non perishable food items or cash, you can rest with a warm heart knowing there will be fewer empty stomachs this season.
There are endless other ways to enjoy the spirit of the season. Check you newspaper for more events, enjoy holiday music at church services around the city. If you are alone this year, invite a friend to join you at one of the many restaurants serving a holiday menu. If you make the effort the rewards come back in flurries.
Happy Holidays to All!